We love good food & a good night of sleep. After days on the road & eating instant meals from a bag, we looked forward to days where we could eat good food & rest in a great place. Here were a few of our favorite spots.
- Dash Bistro, Stewart, BC (Hyder); Fabulous food & great service! Trendy food truck in a far away place. Love it!
- Jacks Place, Double G Service; Near Muncho Lake, BC – This place is old school with GREAT food! Jack worked the restaurant alone. He grated our potatoes to make fresh hash browns, the cinnamon rolls were home made & huge. The place has great character & a fun atmosphere. Super small, maybe 5 tables, but well worth the stop for breakfast!
- Terry’s Fish and Chips, Seward, AK; Not a fancy place, but a great view of the water & people. The food was good & not overpriced for the region. The service was fast & friendly.
- There is a burger stand just North of the Yukon River crossing that has good food. We shared a burger because it was crazy expensive. It was good & the atmosphere was fun. They also have wifi.
- Sadly I don’t remember the great Thai restaurant we ate at. Maybe I’ll come across it in one of my books later. We had a delish meal somewhere in Alaska.
- Fast Eddie’s, Tok, AK; We ate here twice. It was decent food, reasonably priced & they had a salad bar.
- Mountain Shadow Campground, Iskut, BC; Wonderful place! Super clean, amazing bathroom/shower house, gorgeous view, friendly hosts & very comfortable!
- Purden Lake, BC; Great park, peaceful with a beautiful lake. They don’t have showers, but the lake provided a refreshing swim!
- Arctic Getaway, Wiseman, AK; The cabins were very clean & comfortable. Breakfast was good! We hadn’t planned on staying here, but the rain kept us from camping. Very nice owners.
- Red Eagle Lodge, Chistochina, AK; Owners are super friendly. This camp had the absolute nicest shower & restroom facilities of any place we stayed. Breakfast in the house was simple, but very affordable.
- Sourdough Campground, Tok, AK; This place is the only one where we stayed 2 separate times. Great spot, good breakfast!
- Dawson City RV Park & Campground, Dawson, YT; This place was HORRIBLE. Everything was sold out around it because of the music festival & we had not planned on riding this far so we didn’t have reservations. There wasn’t a camp host in the evening & the place was completely unsupervised. A dog barked the entire night, we couldn’t take showers because you had to get coins from the host that didn’t exist. Absolutely miserable!!